Purina® Professional Rabbit Feed
First ingredient: Alfalfa
Balance your rabbit’s complete diet with protein, calcium and a sweet alfalfa scent.
100% complete daily nutrition
Purina® Professional Rabbit Feed requires no additional supplements, is formulated without preservatives and is great for rabbits of all ages.
Formulated for excellent fur quality
Vitamin A and essential fatty acids help support proper development of skin and fur.
Vitamin A for reproduction and bright eyes; calcium and phosphorus for strong bones and excellent milk production.
Immune system health
Nutrients from high-quality plant proteins give rabbits vitality.
GI tract support
A variety of fiber sources and prebiotics to support digestive health.
Contains Yucca schidigera extract to help control manure odors.
|Nutrient||Min / Max||Amount|
|Vitamin A||MIN||4800 IU/LB|
Feeding for Growth and Reproduction: Purina® Professional Rabbit Feed will support 8 litters annually while encouraging consistent reproduction of does and healthy, rapid growth of bunnies. This high nutrient dense formula permits optimum performance.
- Does - just after kindling: 2 to 4 ounces the first day to prevent caked udders then gradually increase 1 ounce daily to free choice by end of first week
- Does - at weaning: 1 to 2 ounce for three days to reduce milk production and prevent caked udders or remove feed for 24 hours and feed 3 to 5 ounces the following day.
- Gestating Does (not lactating): 3 to 6 ounces/day - adjust to maintain desired weight.
- Weaned Bunnies: Free choice.
Feeding for Show Rabbits: Rabbit fur is composed primarily of protein. Many show rabbit producers desire animals with lustrous fur and are careful not to get show rabbits too heavy. Because Purina® Professional Rabbit Feed has a higher nutrient content, it should be limit fed to show rabbits and the rate adjusted to achieve desired body and fur condition.
Feeding for Maintenance: Dry Does and Bucks: Limit feed to maintain a trim and fit condition. Adjust feeding rate to maintain desired body weight.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Follow these management practices:
- Mature and elderly rabbits may benefit from supplements low in calcium.
- Growing, gestating, and lactating rabbits may benefit from supplements high in calcium and protein.
- Rabbits maintained in breeding colonies with high breeding rates may benefit from supplements high in energy.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Young rabbits will begin to consume feed when they come out of the nest box at approximately three weeks of age.
- If weight control is necessary, limit feed this product at the rate of 0.5 ounces per pound of body weight per day.
- Feed requirements of rabbits will vary depending on their body weight, environmental temperatures, type of housing, and stage of production (maintenance, gestation, lactation, growth).
- A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices followed.
It is always good practice to wash hands thoroughly after feeding and/or handling animals. Contents of bag are not for human consumption. Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.